Dermal Fillers: Juvederm, Voluma, Revanesse, Restylane, Radiesse
REQUEST AN APPONTMENT/ SEND US A MESSAGE
Contour. Volumize. Define. Enhance.
In humans, hyaluronic acid is found at the base of the dermis and transfers essential nutrients from the bloodstream to skin cells and forms collagen. In fact, this naturally occuring sugar molecule is found in almost every living organism. Over time, the body’s decrease in hyaluronic acid results in reduced fullness under the skin and dehydration of the skin. Dermal fillers– including Juvederm (Ultra Plus, Voluma), Revanesse, Resytlane, and Radiesse– are a popular method of naturally restoring your skin’s supply of this component already present in the human body. Hyaluronic acid binds water molecules to improve fullness and smooth creases in a way already natural to our biological systems. Because of this feature, the body does not identify it as a foreign object making dermal fillers a significantly safe procedure. All injections are administered by certified medical staff.
Juvéderm®: Everyone will notice, but no one will know®
Juvéderm® is the #1 doctor recommended facial filler in Canada and worldwide. Using hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar found in your body, Juvéderm® combines with the water in your skin to gently restore lost fullness, smooth out lines and wrinkles, and subtly enhance lips, so you can look as young as you feel. The smooth formulation of Juvéderm® provides results that look and feel very natural.
- Juvéderm® Ultra and Ultra Plus are smooth-consistency injectable gels with pain-reducing lidocaine to instantly smooth away wrinkles. These facial fillers work to enhance and define lips, cheeks and jawline. These may last up to one year after the initial treatment.
- Juvéderm® Voluma delivers a smooth, natural lift that lasts for up to 2 years.
What can dermal fillers do for me?
- Lip enhancement
- Nasolabial folds
- Corners of the mouth (marionette lines)
- Cheek enhancement
- Tear troughs (under eye dark hollows)
- Smoke and lip lines
- Chin enhancement
- Nose bridge enhancement
- Eyebrow enhancement
- Temple enhancement
- Deep facial lines
- Hand and foot
- Neck wrinkles
- Lower face contouring
How long does it last?
Medium-duration fillers last 9-12 months:
- Juvederm Ultra Plus®
Long-duration fillers last up to 18 months:
Post-treatment care for filler
For an optimal experience, patients are advised to follow post-treatment recovery instructions carefully.
FOR THE FIRST 8 HOURS…
- Avoid rubbing or touching the treated area.
- After this period, gently massage the injection area to ensure a smooth surface– up to 3 days after treatment (before the filler becomes firm).
FOR THE FIRST 24 HOURS…
- Avoid drinking any alcohol.
FOR THE FIRST 72 HOURS…
- Sleep on your back rather on your side or on your stomach.
FOR THE FIRST 72 HOURS TO 7 DAYS…
- Avoid heavy exercise or any activity that increases your heartbeat.
- Avoid being in a hot tub or jacuzzi.
There may be swelling the first few days after injection and you may feel some pain upon touching the area. Use an icepack for relief as needed.
Avoid exposing the treated area to sunlight.
If you choose to apply make-up to the treated area, be very gentle with the skin.
You may apply an icepack to prevent bruising. If bruising happens, you may cover it with make-up. Arnica cream or pill is helpful for reduction.
Full results are achieved 2-3 weeks after injection. If you have any concerns (especially within the first 3 days), call or email us. Just a reminder: for 72 hours before your next Botox or filler procedure, it is recommended to avoid taking blood-thinning medication such as Ibuprofen, Advil, or Aspirin.