Medical Skin Needling, also known as Micro-Needling and Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), is an innovative non-invasive collagen stimulation procedure which promotes a healthy, vibrant glow. At NCBC Med-Laser, we have refined our skin needling technique using the latest technology and proven methods to bring out the potential of your skin while minimizing discomfort and downtime.
The medical grade application involves rolling a special handheld device embedded with tiny surgical grade stainless steel needles over the skin which creates thousands of micro-channels and penetrates the upper dermis responsible for generating collagen and elastin. This uses the skin’s natural healing process to release growth factors, stimulate fibroblasts, and increase cell proliferation.
The procedure uses no heat and is a more cost-effective option than laser-based procedures. Since some clients seeking similar results do not benefit from light-based procedures (common in those with darker complexions), Medical Skin Needling is an excellent alternative to achieve their skin care goals.
Needling has a plentiful range of benefits to promote thicker, healthier skin and a newly refreshed complexion:
- Stimulates collagen and elastin formation, tightening skin and restoring elasticity
- Reduces fine wrinkles including crow’s feet, lip lines, forehead lines, frown lines
- Reduces pigmentation, rosacea, and stretch marks (while being most effective on early red stretch marks)
- Reduces acne scars, chicken pock scars, and burns
- Restores UV-damaged skin
- Revitalizes skin texture and evens skin tone
- Improves the skin’s ability to absorb topical serums, gels, and creams
Take-home products are also used to fortify treatment and boost the healing process.
To book an appointment, call us at (416) 222-8188!