Roll back the years
The medical grade application involves rolling a special handheld device embedded with tiny surgical grade stainless steel needles over the skin which creates thousands of micro-channels and penetrates the upper dermis responsible for generating collagen and elastin. This uses the skin’s natural healing process to release growth factors, stimulate fibroblasts, and increase cell proliferation.
Micro Needling, also known as Medical Needling and Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), is an innovative non-invasive collagen stimulation procedure which promotes a healthy, vibrant glow. At NCBC Med-Laser, we have refined our skin needling technique using the latest technology and proven methods to bring out the potential of your skin while minimizing discomfort and downtime.
What can Micro Needling do for me?
Needling has a plentiful range of benefits to promote healthier skin and a newly refreshed complexion:
- Stimulates collagen and elastin formation, tightening skin and restoring elasticity
- Reduces fine wrinkles including crow’s feet, lip lines, forehead lines, frown lines
- Reduces pigmentation, rosacea, and stretch marks (while being most effective on early red stretch marks)
- Reduces acne scars, chicken pock scars, and burns
- Restores UV-damaged skin
- Revitalizes skin texture and evens skin tone
- Improves the skin’s ability to absorb topical serums, gels, and creams
- Restores hair loss and hair thinning
The procedure uses no heat and is a more cost-effective option than laser-based procedures. Since some clients seeking similar results do not benefit from light-based procedures (common in those with darker complexions), Dermal Rollering is an excellent alternative to achieve their skin care goals.
Take-home products are also used to fortify treatment and boost the healing process.
Micro Needling for Hair Loss Restoration
Micro Needling treatment is an effective and minimally invasive solution for hair growth restoration and hair loss prevention. Hair follicles respond to changes in hormones, stress, medications, among a multitude of other factors, and these can lead to hair thinning and hair loss.
As Micro Needling penetrates the scalp with tiny superficial channels, the body responds by producing healing growth factors in the treated area which signal cell regeneration, stimulating blood flow, and repairing the hair follicles on a cellular level. This stimulates the activity of hair follicles and dormant hair into the growth stage improving thickness and density. During the anagen (growth) phase, the hairs are more strongly rooted in the follicles and actively grow more rapidly.
Micro Needling treatment is also often used to significantly improve the results of hair loss medication by enhancing the delivery of the drug.
Benefits of Micro Needling for hair loss:
- Increases hair regrowth density
- Reduces hair loss and shedding
- Regenerates dormant or shrinking hair follicles
- Increases the proliferation of collagen
- Increases blood supply to the follicle
- Increases the number of hair follicles
- Increases the shaft size (thickness)
- Triggers and maintains the growth phase
- Effective as a standalone treatment or combined with PRP for enhanced results
- Local anesthetic is available to minimize discomfort
- Non-invasive and non-surgical
Treatment varies based on each individual patient, but consistency is key for optimal results. 3-5 sessions are recommended with 1-2 months between each session.